Enthusiasm is Vital to Success


Tom Corley boats - crop

Apathy can only be overcome by enthusiasm and enthusiasm can only be aroused by two things: first, an ideal which takes the imagination by storm and second, a definite intelligible plan for carrying that ideal into practice. – Arnold Toynbee

Happiness is really enthusiasm. Eighty-five percent of the self-made millionaires in my study possessed it. They woke every morning, eager to begin a new day, plying their talents, skills, and knowledge to something they believed in and were obsessed by.

The key to enthusiasm is doing something you love or have an innate talent for. When you discover your main purpose in life, it fires you with enthusiasm. It makes your heart sing.

Your sole objective in life, should therefore be to find and engage in those activities which make your heart sing and then spend the rest of your life perfecting your knowledge and skills, doing that which keeps your heart singing.

The path to lifelong enthusiasm is experimentation – experimenting with diverse activities until you find one which arouses enthusiasm.

If you want to stop working and turn hours into minutes, you must experiment and then invest in activities that one day will enable you to earn money while doing what you love.

Be Sociable, Share!
Thomas C. Corley About Thomas C. Corley

Tom Corley is a bestselling author, speaker, and media contributor for Business Insider, CNBC and a few other national media outlets.

His Rich Habits research has been read, viewed or heard by over 50 million people in 25 countries around the world.

Besides being an author, Tom is also a CPA, CFP, holds a master’s degree in taxation and is President of Cerefice and Company, a CPA firm in New Jersey.
Phone Number: 732-382-3800 Ext. 103.
Email Tom
| Download Media Kit


  1. How true!

    Until recently, I didn’t really have that in my life until I started my new blog.

    Now I have something that I really believe in and look forward to every morning. I have real goals and a plan of action. I’ve read that most bloggers quit after the first 3 months because they are unable to drive traffic, leads and sales.

    My goal is not to be one of them!

    Also, about 81% of all bloggers don’t generate any significant income, the remaining 19% do.

    My goal is to be in the 19% and up.

    I know it sounds weird but right now making my blog successful is my main purpose in life. Just read my About page and my post, How This Blog Almost Never Got Started and you’ll find out why.

    I’ve been reading your blog for a while and love the principles you espouse.

    Keep on spreading the word because there are a lot of people out there that can benefit from your message.

    Mark Blaise
    A shameless plug …


    Do you think you should not be enthusiastic with what you do as long as you learn to love it by making 20 statements starting with; “I love…because…”

Speak Your Mind