Is Your Income Yours?


Tom Corley boats - crop

You work for it. Every day you devote a huge chunk of your day to earning your income. But is it really your income?

If you’re like 90% of the population, your income doesn’t belong to you. It belongs to the bank who holds your mortgage. It belongs to the credit card companies. It belongs to the company you pay your car lease to.

In fact, your income belongs to just about everyone, except you.

And that 90% happily accepts this insanity. Or put another way, that 90% is unwilling to make the hard choices that allow them to regain possession of their income.

But there are a few who refuse to play this game. These are the individuals who diligently save 20% or more of their income every month and somehow are able to make due on the remaining 80%. For these individuals, at least 20% of their income, they can call their own.

And, every year, as their saved income grows due to prudent investing, they inch closer and closer to owning 100% of their income.

Their invested savings grows and compounds and they are able to use that money to pay down their mortgage, buy stuff without credit cards and purchase, not lease, their cars.

We call those people who own 100% of their income, rich people.

Maybe the goal should not be to become rich. Getting rich sounds too hard anyway for most people. Maybe the goal should be simpler – to increase how much of your income you actually own.

Be Sociable, Share!
Thomas C. Corley About Thomas C. Corley

Tom Corley is a bestselling author, speaker, and media contributor for Business Insider, CNBC and a few other national media outlets.

His Rich Habits research has been read, viewed or heard by over 50 million people in 25 countries around the world.

Besides being an author, Tom is also a CPA, CFP, holds a master’s degree in taxation and is President of Cerefice and Company, a CPA firm in New Jersey.
Phone Number: 732-382-3800 Ext. 103.
Email Tom
| Download Media Kit

Speak Your Mind