Who Are The Rich?


Tom Corley boats - crop

According to the Tax Foundation, the top 5% in America makes $231,206 a year or more. This same elite group, according to the Federal Reserve Survey, also happens to control 60% of the nation’s wealth.

Like it or not, this 5% controls the lives of the other 95% in America. They call the shots.

So, who are the 5%?

13% are salesmen/saleswomen

18% are senior executives in big publicly-held companies

21% are “A” students

23% love to ski

24% had a career mentor

25% have a post graduate degree

25% travel as part of their job

27% failed at least once in life in business

28% have a professional designation

29% are “C” students

33% grew up poor or middle-class

36% have a vacation home by the ocean

41% are “B” students

47% went to a private college

47% went to private grammar school

51% are small business owners/entrepreneurs

52% have a second home

54% are optimists

56% worked their way through college

57% count calories every day

62% focus on goals every day

63% played competitive sports in high school

63% took a risk in order to become rich

63% watch less than one hour of T.V. a day

64% live in a modest home

67% are frugal

68% have a college degree

70% eat less than 300 junk food calories a day

72% have enough life insurance to replace their income

72% know their credit score

75% are creative

75% developed specific habits to help them become rich

76% exercise aerobically 30 minutes or more each day

80% pursued a major goal or dream in life

84% say they created their own good luck

85% like what they do for a living

86% associate with other rich, successful people

86% go out of their way to avoid negative, pessimistic people

86% work more than 50 hours per week

88% are savers

91% are decision makers at their job

93% who had a mentor, attribute their wealth to their mentors

94% balance their checkbook every month

94% engage in daily self-improvement

96% have ten or more friends who are successful

Be Sociable, Share!
Thomas C. Corley About Thomas C. Corley

Tom Corley is a bestselling author, speaker, and media contributor for Business Insider, CNBC and a few other national media outlets.

His Rich Habits research has been read, viewed or heard by over 50 million people in 25 countries around the world.

Besides being an author, Tom is also a CPA, CFP, holds a master’s degree in taxation and is President of Cerefice and Company, a CPA firm in New Jersey.
Phone Number: 732-382-3800 Ext. 103.
Email Tom
| Download Media Kit

Speak Your Mind